PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my template

ougiz
07-21-2013, 05:08 AM
Hey all, first of all, excuse my bad english
I recently bought the rts manual, and I’ve made my first cycle. I used the bench-deadlift-bench-squat template.

Mon – Bench paused, bench on bottle, shoulder press with dumbels
Tue: Deadlift, paused squat, snatch grip deadlift, Nordic hamstring
Thu: Bench touch and go, close grip bench, frenchpress
Fri: Squat, paused deadlift, legpress

On the primary movements I follow the plan under, and on the secondary movments I will do a couple of more rep, but the same rpe and fatigue percent. On the supplement work: bench to bottle, close grip bench, snatchgrip deadlift and legpress I was thinking doing more rep. 8-10 in the volumeblock and 5-6 in the intensity.
Volume W: 1-4
W1: x5@8-9 5%
W2: x4@8-9 7%
W3: x5@8-9 5%
W4: x4@8-9 7%
Intensity W: 5-10
W5: x3@9 5%
W6: x2@9 5%
W7: x1@9 3%
W8: x3@10 5%
W9: x2@9 5%
W10: x1@10

So what do you think guys?

Mike Tuchscherer
07-25-2013, 03:59 PM
You're using the right principles. It's hard to say how good or bad it is without knowing anything about you first, but you haven't made any glaring errors. The only thing to consider is that this looks like a major peaking cycle because the intensity phase is so long. If you are in an off season cycle, you will want a long volume period and a short intensity period.

ougiz
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Okei, thank you for the answer. Would it be better to have simular lenght to the volume and intensity period, if you're not a competing powerlifter?
What do you think about my secondary and accessory movments? My weaknesess are triceps and shoulder in bench. In deadlift, from knees and up. I got knee injury, so I have to be carefull in the squat. Thats why I do legpress as accessory movment, and allways do my squats without belt.

Mike Tuchscherer
08-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Whether you compete or not, your goal is to get stronger. This means you are able to have more flexibility in which dates you aim at, but the principles are still the same. In a given year, some "meets" are more important than others. Even if you're not really competing. Strength always fluctuates, so it's best to direct and take advantage of that fluctuation.

Your exercises seem okay. I would encourage you to think about movements, not muscles. So focus on training a part of each lift that is weak, not trying to figure out which muscle is responsible. If you train movements instead of muscles, then the muscles will take care of itself.