PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue %s

cgladdin
07-24-2013, 12:01 PM
In the RTS Manual Mike discusses fatigue %s as they pertain to individual lifts, but I was wondering if there are any guidelines for regulating total fatigue for the whole workout on a given day. For example, should one not exceed a total level of fatigue? (i.e. calculated by adding up the fatigue %s for all your core lifts that day - Squat x5 @ 9 w/3% fatigue + Front Squat x6 @ 8 w/5% fatigue + GMs x8 @9 w/5% fatigue = "13%" total fatigue)

mryan
07-24-2013, 03:49 PM
yep that's in the manual and http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?75-All-About-Volume

brandonsenn
07-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Your total fatigue is highly dependent on your programmed stress for that week. Each stress level elicits a certain amount of fatigue. Say you want to do a Medium stress week, medium stress elicits 5% per lift. Now say you have 6 exercises per lift per week, anything for your squat and deadlift that equals 30% fatigue for the entire week. You may program it so you have 5% per lift or you can distribute the 30% over the 6 lifts however you want. Depending on your needs it may be beneficial to allocate a bigger chunk of the total stress to a certain lift.

mryan
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
so if I'm looking at a high-medium-high volume blocks then I could go 42%-30%-42%? with the total 42% split through how I wanted
Squat 3 @8 9%
sumo 5@8 5%
Paused SQ 3@8 7% i.e. more emphasise to squat

or is it recommended to stay around the 30%?

mryan
07-31-2013, 07:45 AM
BUMP.

Trying to understand the total % we should move around. I've only seen the 30% is what we can recover from on a weeekly bases and is a medium stress week, Brandon answered above that you can distribute that stress with the individual lifts how you like, but I have seen volumes as I asked above i.e. FP's @ 7%, 5%, 9% for a Hi, Med, HI block is this an indicator of 42%, 30%, 54% distribution or should we stay around the 30% and distribute the stress to the important movement if I wanted a higher volume?

Mike Tuchscherer
08-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi mryan,
Your above post (#4) is right. You could do that in principle. I'd recommend starting with a more balanced fatigue profile just as a starting point, but you can certainly do that.

If you're running a medium stress week, then you'll want 30% fatigue in total. You could do 3 exercises with 10% fatigue each, or (what I recommend) 6 exercises with 5% each. Or you can do some with higher percentages than others. If you find that you need more stress in a given week, bump the Fatigue Percent total up to whatever you need (35%, 42%, 50%, whatever you need).

mryan
08-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks Mike, yes my profile is balanced right now.