PDA

View Full Version : A missed workout/Week

mryan
07-31-2013, 07:51 AM
I wouldnt normally have a problem with this question but I am new to block programming. What do you normally do with a missed workout or week, the 1 workout question is down to preference I presume, just re-arrange for the important lift and its not to important but with a whole week do you skip the week in the program i.e. week 1 done, missed week 2, go onto week 3, or fullfill the weeks, I guess this depends on also if you are doing alot of volume blocks so it pushes intensity further back or vise versa?

brandonsenn
07-31-2013, 04:50 PM
I actually ran into this problem last week, went on vacation and it just didnt work out with family and everything. What I did was treat it as a "deload" week and kept my block and programming all the same but rearranged my stress. I had programmed a med stress week the week I was gone and a high the week I got back. Since I didnt work out I made the week I came back a low stress and proceeded from there. I believe how you should do it is highly dependent on your programming. Id be interested to see what others say

Mike Tuchscherer
08-15-2013, 03:00 AM
If you know about it in advance you can plan for it. Just as was mentioned, you can plan for it to be a deload week or something similar. You just account for that in your planning. You know about the deload, so you can increase stress leading up to it and resume normal training when you get back. Or you can do any number of other strategies depending on the model you're using.

Missing a single session can sometimes be tougher because it's unlikely that you know about it in advance. In those cases, I try to make it up or adjust the training days for the week. If I can't do that without throwing off the next week, then I'll just salvage the most important work and keep moving forward.

Brody Laybolt
08-15-2013, 04:52 AM
I workout on vacations, I need to get a life lol.