PDA

View Full Version : Work Capacity

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Ben Nelson wrote:
I just read this article from elite fts http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/the-secret-to-increasing-strength-conditioning-rachel-edit/

I found it to be very interesting especially the part towards the end when describing successful power athletes and their turning points when they realized they knew what they were doing when they found it worked for them. I also have been facinated lately about active recovery well any recovery in general. A good read if you guys are looking to do something. short and sweet

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
dallasreilly wrote:
Good article, nice and concise. I don't really agree with some of the absolutes discussed at the beginning (work capacity = level of hypertrophy and strength) but I certainly agree improving work capacity in the right way increases these. Kinda got me thinking...even though I'm very analytical, I haven't really taken a step back and looked at what weight ranges I have done what volume with. My overall work capacity needs to increase (cutting right now so thats the main reason it has decreased) but I REALLY need to increase volume with near-maximal weights. I think in my next intensity block I will up it quite a bit.