PDA

View Full Version : pain in right wrist when benching/pressing

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:11 PM
rawpower wrote:
When i benchpress my right wrist is bending more backwards than my left, i have tried to focus on holding it straight but with no help, i cannot see the problem myself my spotter always notice it. I get pain in the wrist after and under pressing. I lay the bar in the palm of my hand and grab it really tight + i use wrist wraps and really try to cast my wrists. I seriously dont know what to do about it, i have taken a break but it comes back as soon as i start pressing. I dont want to give up on the benchpress because of this shitty problem please help if anyone has some advice

And in the future i will promise to contribute more to this great forum

thanks from a frustrated lifter

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
abetorres wrote:
Have you tried a different grip, like a false or reverse?

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Donald Lee wrote:
You could try gripping it the way Mike does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dctyCxwylo

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:13 PM
rawpower wrote:
in fact i already grip the bar the same way as mike does, and i cannot compete with the falsegrip . But thanks for your inputs

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Jeremy wrote:
Personally i would go to a physiotherapist and get it checked out if it is giving you pain and did not reside with rest. Its hard to give advice on problems like this without seeing the problem and assessing the wrist.

In saying this if your wrist is bending back keeping your wrist in neutral alignment (in line with your forearm) is going to help transfer forces further up your arm where they can be dealt with instead of at the wrist. Will probably help you press more too

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
conquerorsquid wrote:
You could also try benching with a fat bar or fat gripz. Obviously you can't compete with a fat bar, but the larger bar distributes the load a little more in your hand. That may allow you train a little while your trying to figure the problem out

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Mike Tuchscherer wrote:
Jeremy and Conquor are right on, IMO. I think it would be a good idea to get it checked out. And maybe the Fat Grips give you a work-around for a little while. If you don't have them and would like to see if they would work, try putting a knee wrap around the bar. CAUTION: if you do that, use light weight and don't make the wrap too big. Be safe!

RTSAdmin
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
rawpower wrote:
Yeah got to get it checked out :( , thanks alot for your replys appreciate it.