PDA

View Full Version : Help me with program?

ericreese20
11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
So I'm saving up for the rts manual but I'm poor so it's gonna take a while. I got inspired to try this type of training after watching ben rice for a while and realizing that my volume is low. My question is fatigue percentage and how to utilize it so I can add volume while not going above 30% fatigue which from what I've read is the max you should do? I basically follow this format

Day 1 Bench Squat bench
Day 2 military press, pullups, and any parts I feel are lacking
Day 3 deadlift and paused Bench pyramid style
Day 4 I'm supposed to Squat Bench Squat but I just squatted this week because I don't want to risk injury by too much volume too fast

On Mondays I work up to 5 sets of 3 on all exercises and max rep it on last set. I don't know rpe wise, prob 8, but again, I don't now how to utilize it and fatigue percentage to max volume
Tuesday I do 5x5 on press and just as many Pullup sets as I feel I should do that day
Thursday I work up to a final set of 5 on deadlift and then I might start doing a drop sets of 3x3 or something. On bench I do pyramid pause sets from 5 reps ,4, 2 sets of 3, 2x2, and work my way back down. Advice welcomed
Saturday work up to 3x3 Squat then a heavy double. Don't know what I'm going to do when I incorporate Bench in

If there are any articles I can read to learn more that you recommend let me know. As soon as I can afford the manual I will buy it but I'm in between jobs atm

ChadHydro
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey Eric, welcome.

I'd recommend you read all of the articles here: http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?7-training
These articles include some programs which have been adapted to use the RTS toolset: http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?23-program-articles

This article details a program written by Mike for an intermediate trainee avatar: http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?126-Generalized-Intermediate-Program
It can give you a lot of ideas for your own programs. But definitely read the beginning RTS articles first

ericreese20
11-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I've only read one of the articles and I learned A LOT about fatigue percentage. so 30% is the limit for weekly movement. So I can hit 30% on squat, bench, and deadlift? So if i bench 3x a week, i would at most do 10% on each work day? What is the normal % to use per day? 10? Or 5 like the article seemed to indicate.

ericreese20
11-30-2014, 07:43 PM
I ordered coaching. What do I do now? Does he contact me through email or..? It said I don't have to do anything further, I am unclear as to what that means

ChadHydro
11-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Did you do regular or group coaching? I think he actually has a waiting list for regular. You can always email him at mike@reactivetrainingsystems.com

ericreese20
11-30-2014, 10:20 PM
is he still going to charge my card? I don't want to have him charge me 35 if i have to wait to even use it...i'll email him