PDA

View Full Version : Izzy Narvaez "Programming to win"

edinio
12-11-2014, 03:59 AM
hey guys!

does anyone follow Izzys Narvaez Workout templates? I think they are pretty well structured, and I'd like to start with PNP2.

Problem: My gym is half an hour away so I don't want to go to the gym 5 times per week as a novice.

Is there any possibility to include the GPP work in the normal training days??

I thought aboutl:

Monday
Squat 3-6 Reps, 3 Sets, @9
Bench 3-6 Reps, 5 Sets, @9
Deadlift 3-6 Reps, 2 Sets @9
Machine Rows 7 Minutes for GPP (7 Minute workouts are described as Sets with 8-12 Reps @7, 20-45 sec rest,........)
Curls 7 Minutes for GPP

Tuesday at home
AB work with Ab-Wheeler, Leg Raises, Crunches 7 Minutes for GPP
Mobility work for GPP

Wednesday
2 Count Pause Squat 3-6 Reps 2 Sets @9
2 Count Pause Bench 3-6 Reps 2 Sets @9
Ab Work: weighted planks, side Planks, Pallof Press Each 1 Minute for GPP
Conditioning 7 HIIT Sprints for GPP

Friday
Squat 3-6 Reps, 3 Sets @9
Bench 3-6 Reps, 5 Sets @9
Deadlift 3-6 Reps, 2 Sets @9
Machine Rows 7 Minutes for GPP
Curls 7 Minutes for GPP

Saturday
Mobility

is that also possible?

I know, that Izzy has his own channel and forum, but I want to ask a neutral forum.

Thank you for any advice !

j2917
12-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Certainly is possible. I personally wouldn't get much out of it that way only because I would be spent after doing squats bench and deadlifts heavy, but that's just me.

Have you considered trying modifications to the GPP that you could do at home? If I remember right, the GPP he prescribed was rows/curls/abs/sprints. You could do inverted rows or pull ups at home for rows since the focus is on reps in 7 minutes, not on how much weight you're moving. You could pick another bodyweight movement to replace curls, maybe even push ups. I think the GPP is pretty flexible and if you don't do it exactly the way Izzy lays it out, I don't think it's a deal breaker.

BTW, Mike has a good article about GPP, its purpose, and some ideas what to do. http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?29-GPP-Considerations-for-Strength-Sports You can also find some of his own GPP workouts if you dig through his blog. A little creativity and you could probably come up with a simple routine you could do at home.

edinio
12-11-2014, 10:08 AM
okay awesome thank you for your advices! I read the article. great ideas thanks!