PDA

View Full Version : High Fatigue Block

artie
12-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Hello all. I have just started rpe's and using rts fundamentals and I am in a high fatigue block at this point in time. I was wondering about accumulating fatigue and progressing in the amount of weight I use each workout. Should I be trying to progress in weight during this time or be more focused on trying to induce more fatigue through the amount of sets I do? Or do I use my top set weight as a gauge as to when I have reached a level of fatigue that I can not recover from, from workout ...

chris_ottawa
12-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Increase weights when you can, if fatigue is catching up with you and you have bad days then don't worry too much as long as you still get the work done. That's what RPE is for. You could use TRAC to help you regulate the amount of work you do (I have never used it personally), or just push yourself whether or not you feel like crap. Some people benefit from overreaching, I was burnt out from some high volume/fatigue weeks a while ago but as soon as I felt better everything was going up. I started a thread about that in hopes of getting some useful advice (How to make block periodization work) but it looks like the best that anyone can tell you is to make small changes to your program as you go along. Even if you hire a coach there is going to be some trial and error, just figure out what works for you.

artie
12-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info. The fatigue set in really fast but I have still been able to up the weight in some movements but have had to drop it in others. The movements that I have dropped weight in I ended up doing a bunch of sets before I hit my fatigue percent. I really appreciate the feed back.