PDA

View Full Version : feedback appreciated

dor84
12-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Hi guys my name is darren and im just starting to get into reactive training as iv become frustrated with other methods . Iv only started concentrating on powerlifting the last year or so with a few cycles of 531 and 1cycle of smolov jr before a bench only meet which I won. Im 30 with a class 3 total . I had a back injury in march (herniated disc) only getting back to heavy pulls recently.

Anyway any feedback good or bad on this setup would help me out , thanks.

Monday
Squat x5 @9 5% load drop
Bench x5 @9 5% load drop
CGB x5 @9 5% load drop
An upper back movement if im up to it

Wednesday
Paused squat x5 @9 5% load drop
Bench paused 1-2" off chest x5 @9 5% load drop
Paused deadlift below knee x5 @9 5% load drop

Friday
Squat x5 @9 5% load drop
Bench x5 @9 5% load drop
CGB x5 @9 5% load drop
An upper back movement if im up to it

Saturday
Deadlift x5 @8 5% load drop
Some GPP work

Any examples of what I could do to make this better would be great . Im trying to keep it stupid simple to begin with.
Thanks guys.

chris_ottawa
12-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Don't just use 5 reps for everything all the time, change it up. You could consider putting deadlift on Wednesday instead, you probably won't feel so energetic at the end of the week. Maybe use military/incline/push press instead of one close grip bench to get some more work on your shoulders. Take a look at the Generalized Intermediate program, it should give you some ideas and you could also use it for a cycle or two.

dor84
12-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback Chris. Reason for have deadlift at the end is I find Wednesday very taxing and a long session so I included a lighter variation of deadlift. Iv looked at the intermediate programme and im sure its great but id like to keeps things simple at least for now and keep the exercise selection quite small untill I get used to the system. Ill try to incorporate some shoulder work and rep scheme variety . Iv ordered mikes dvd so hopefully ill have a better understanding soon. Thanks dude.