PDA

View Full Version : Less than steller days

Will.Rouse
08-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Gents,

RTS has been a real eye opener for me and I am enjoying the programming and the manual. From Feb to April I did the general intermediate program, and since then have been working my long term plan using the manual and the intermediate program for inspration. I have had good results and have gotten stronger over the past months.

Lately I have been working into a 4 day template (like the gen intermediate program) and have a question about having a less than steller day.

Tonight I was squatting and was going to work up to 335 for 3 reps @ 9 RPE on my first week of an intensity block. I got out of posistion and only got two @ 10. On my fatigue drops (-6%) I used 315 for 5 sets of 2 until I reached a 9 REP. I know mike says to go 3, 4, 2 for an intensity block. But since the two reps were @ a 10 RPE how should I move forward next week?

Should I keep the weight at 335 and try to add reps or take the weight down and hit my set of 4 @9 ?

The training session wasn't all that bad other than not getting the 3 reps on the squat. My pri bench and bench assist were reps were fast and I moved more weight than last week.

Thanks for your help
Will

chris_ottawa
08-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Just keep track of your estimated 1rm and use that to choose your weights. A bad day means nothing, forget about it.

Will.Rouse
08-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Thanks Chris!