PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 5-day version of the program?

reptilian
08-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Hello, I understand that the template is a template and should be used as a base, but I am afraid I lack the expertise to completely design a program for myself, so figured maybe I can ask for some advice here.

About myself: 2 years experience. Was doing gzcl 5-day program for a year,
Squat / Bench / DL: 335 / 245 / 345

I decided to start with the RTS and used the intermediate program as example. However the intermediate program is 4 day and I am coming off 5-day program.

Here is the link to spreadsheet I was following:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsMe_msUfdhf4NJAZFGrGCsNqvYWn-bbndFUM2SbgUw/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the RTS template (with RPEs and weights) I compiled, it is 100% intermediate program:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13hzqL4_gKsSt3l67OmJIuxGOScbY3aYJZLbcm0CxLCc/edit?usp=sharing

I want to do keep doing 5 days because I am used to such load (and also would have no idea what to do with myself on Wednesday nights).

Question

- Can someone please point to the version of intermediate program with Wednesday (5th day) included? Or just suggest which exercises will be good for Wednesday if one is using Intermediate Template.

j2917
08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
You could use Wednesday as your GPP day (back, core, etc). I wouldn't add any main slots as the design of this program is purposeful to distribute about 30% fatigue for each main pattern (upper/lower) across the week.

adam.palmer
08-27-2015, 06:44 AM
echo using wednesday as the gpp day. generally it's going to be significantly lower intensity (intensity in this case being a measure of overall work capacity and not weight on the bar) than your four main training days. I've found that using it as an optional day removes a lot of the stress but if I know I need to come in and work on something that needs fixing (i.e. core work, bracing, cardiovascular endurance, upper back work, etc)... stuff that is going to keep you healthy.

reptilian
08-27-2015, 06:30 PM
thank you very much for the answer. I guess I can do some cardio then - was feeling guilty sometimes I am not really doing it. Maybe punching bag. The distribution of fatigue convinced me not to mess with adding more weightlifting work to wednesday