PDA

View Full Version : Made slight changes to program while dieting, looking for input.

JJ4D
03-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Hi all, I was previously running Izzy from PowerliftingToWin's PNP3 program, however I rather hate training heavy Squat, Bench and Deadlift sets in one session, and while I was putting up with this for a while my change to a caloric deficit has made it pretty hard to recover (especially leading to pain in my glutes for some reason, that has since subsided). As a result I am currently running this:

Monday:
Squat: 3-6@9, Load Drop 3-6%
Bench: 3-6@9, Load Drop 5-10%
Rest-Pause seated dumbbell curls (GPP)

Wednesday:
Deadlift: 3x5 (deadlift strength dropped a bit while training full-body as I was, so running it linearly until it gets back to where it was)
CG Incline Bench: 3x5 (working at the weak point in my bench)
Rest-Pause Chin-Ups
Often I finish with curls as on Monday

Friday:
Squat: 3-6@9, Load Drop 3-6%
Bench: 3-6@9, Load Drop 5-10%
Rest-Pause seated dumbbell curls (GPP)

I'm mainly looking to see if there are any glaring errors or omissions in this program, especially when it comes to pulling volume. Perhaps I ought to fit in some light deadlift variants somewhere? I pull sumo, if that helps.

Thanks.

j2917
03-01-2016, 07:59 PM
That's a lot of curling.... For GPP, you probably want to aim for more bang for your buck movements. I.e. rows/pullups. I see you have pullups once... why not replace the curling mon/fri with DB rows and/or pendlay rows? If you want to add more pulling (I like 2 x week personally) do something medium to light (rpe 7-8) on Mon or Fri. To keep it even further from being too much, make it @6-7 or a movement that requires lighter loading, i.e. romanian deads

JJ4D
03-02-2016, 04:24 AM
That's a lot of curling.... For GPP, you probably want to aim for more bang for your buck movements. I.e. rows/pullups. I see you have pullups once... why not replace the curling mon/fri with DB rows and/or pendlay rows? If you want to add more pulling (I like 2 x week personally) do something medium to light (rpe 7-8) on Mon or Fri. To keep it even further from being too much, make it @6-7 or a movement that requires lighter loading, i.e. romanian deads

Yeah, I've been doing the curls as prehab essentially, as I've struggled with really bad bicep tendonitis in the past. These sets equate to basically one long set however, so I could easily fit them in after something else. I think I'll do some 7-8 belt-less stuff on Fridays and rows on monday. Thanks.