PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid 4-day full body

BigHardVeiny
05-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Hey guys! I've been lifting for about 5 years of various seriousness, with the last years more focused towards general strength. Have also run PTW PIP2 by Izzy Narvaez for some months, with good results but eventually I found it too demanding so I am now running upper/lower rts on a cut. When I go back to gaining phase I'm thinking about running some hybrid/general strength program while still having some powerlifting specificity. I like rts and high frequency. Stats (in kilos) btw:

Did an artificial powerlifting meet, all comp style at bodyweight: 80,5 kg. Squat 160, Bench 115, sumo DL 230 kg.

This is the template I want feedback/adjustments on:

Mon: intensity
Squat x3-5@9 5% (load drop)
Bench x3-5@9 5% (load drop)
Row

Tue: intensity
Sumo DL x3-5@9 5% (load drop)
OHP x3-5@9 5% (load drop)
Row

Wed: off

Thu: volume
Front squat x5-7@7 10% (repeat)
Incline bench x5-7@7 10% (repeat)
Row

Fri: volume
SLDL/deficit conv. DL x5-7@7 10% (repeat)
CGBP x5-7@7 10% (repeat)
Row

Sat: off
Sun: off

- 3-5 and 5-7 means W1: 5 resp 7 W2: 4 resp 6 W3: 3 resp 5
- 30% fatigue for upper push and lower body. Assuming I will aim for 30% upper pull somehow. Not sure how to program the pulling movements.
- I know some ppl dislike 10% fatigues, but with 5-7 reps I think I will reach 6-7 sets.

Much grateful for any comments!
Fredrik

j2917
06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Give it a run, looks alright. Couple things to think about... 1) @7 may be hard to judge... you may consider picking your weight off your performance earlier in the week, or have a starting percentage as a guideline based off the RTS chart. Since your goal is volume and you're using repeats, if your top set is too heavy, you could easily sabotage those workouts. 2) your layout gives you 3 weeks worth, which is one mesocycle. You may want to plan now for how you are going to make adjustments after week 3.

BigHardVeiny
06-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Give it a run, looks alright. Couple things to think about... 1) @7 may be hard to judge... you may consider picking your weight off your performance earlier in the week, or have a starting percentage as a guideline based off the RTS chart. Since your goal is volume and you're using repeats, if your top set is too heavy, you could easily sabotage those workouts. 2) your layout gives you 3 weeks worth, which is one mesocycle. You may want to plan now for how you are going to make adjustments after week 3.

Thanks for the reply. I agree on 1), will have to see how it works. Regarding 2), yeah I've only planned 3 weeks, did not plan block periodization originally, just thought of repeating it if I like it. Maybe will do block periodization once I've tried the plan, after my cut is done in about a month.