PDA

View Full Version : Article: Dr Squat 80 Day Cycle with RTS

Mike Tuchscherer
03-09-2013, 10:54 AM
You can view the page at http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?94-Dr-Squat-80-Day-Cycle-with

bilal
03-12-2014, 10:40 AM
I would like to try this program but which fatigue system would you recommend ? Rep drop, load drop or repeat? And also is it good to add assistant exercises or stick with just the main lifts? thank you

Mike Tuchscherer
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
When in doubt, do load drops. I wouldn't add much. Maybe a few sets of overhead press and some rows. But in general, just lift heavy weights.

bilal
03-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the reply
I will be using this to prep for a local meet which is in 12 weeks and I will let you know how this works out

Piet
03-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Mike, is the idea here to do the number of sets outlined in hatfields original program, just utilizing fat. Percentages? Or is the number of sets up to the trainee? Or something else?

joshuamatos17
03-18-2014, 03:20 AM
Hey Piet,
If I understand correctly, the number of sets should be auto-regulated. You've got some options here-load drops, repeats, Etc. Chapters 11 and 12 in the manual helped me quite a bit, as well as the "beginning RTS" articles on the site (extremely helpful). That's the benefit of implementing RTS principles. I started this program today, and I'm learning a lot already! Anyway, hope that helps.

Mike Tuchscherer
03-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Right on Joshuamatos. It's an autoregulated RTS program inspired by Hatfield's 80 day cycle.

Piet
03-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was deadlifting 4x5 @ 10, I might back off the number of sets just a touch.

Gotta say that this is a well done program Mike. I'm enjoying it so far.

joshuamatos17
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was deadlifting 4x5 @ 10, I might back off the number of sets just a touch.

Gotta say that this is a well done program Mike. I'm enjoying it so far.

I agree--this program is very well done. I think implementing RPE is beneficial for sub-intermediate lifters because our maxes will probably improve more quickly than a higher level lifter, and RPE will help account for that.

I'd like to hear some occasional updates from you and bilal regarding the program. Maybe we can all bounce some ideas around. Either way it's nice to hear that others are doing this program as well. Happy lifting!

scubby
06-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Is making this a 4 day split possible? Also, any rehab work, or just stick to the main lifts?

seth1029
06-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Mike, I see where you used the chart to figure the RPE for the reps at a given percentage, but how did you determine the fatigue drop percents? I'm wanting to convert another program as well. Thanks

PrimalAeon
06-23-2014, 04:44 AM
Mike, I see where you used the chart to figure the RPE for the reps at a given percentage, but how did you determine the fatigue drop percents? I'm wanting to convert another program as well. Thanks
I might be going out on a limb here. But let's say that we have two work up sets, then our top set. That's 3 sets... If you then do 5% fatigue, you might get 2 more sets. So, to generalize, you could convert fatigue like this:
0% = no extra, total sets ~3
3% = +1 set, total sets ~4
5% = +2 sets, total sets ~5
7% = +3 sets, total sets ~6
9% = +4 sets, total sets ~7

Mike Tuchscherer
06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
You could do that. That will get you close-ish depending on the work capacity required by the program. A better way would be to see what effects the program is trying to create. When it has you doing high volume, choose a higher fatigue percent. When volume drops, lower the fatigue percent. You should average Medium stress.

seth1029
06-24-2014, 06:50 PM
You could do that. That will get you close-ish depending on the work capacity required by the program. A better way would be to see what effects the program is trying to create. When it has you doing high volume, choose a higher fatigue percent. When volume drops, lower the fatigue percent. You should average Medium stress.

Ok got it, Mike. Helps alot thanks!