PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and RTS

RTSAdmin
03-12-2013, 07:19 AM
aceshigh92 wrote:

Hey everyone. Im new to the RTS community here and I hope I can learn a lot from each of you. I have been competing since 2009 my best competition total at 220 was 1477 in just a belt.

am now a little bit taller (around 6 feet) and weighing around 245. i still havent gotten used to the change in height. my total is around 1575 in the gym also just a belt.

however im interested in single ply and raw competition.

I just wanted to hear your experiences running the RTS programming ideology. And like to see your before and after numbers from beginning to current.

from what I've seen this is a great program because everyone running it including Mike T. are absolute monsters, and I hope that one day I too could be at that calliber.

to whoever reads this and responds. I would like to say thank you in advance.

in strength,

Pete

BobW
03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Not I can help you - IANA powerlifter. I do compete in strongman, as a master (old fart).

I started with RTS in 2008. To give you some idea: at that time, I was struggling to break 250 on Atlas stones. These days, 250 is a warmup, and 310 is a regular weight.

For an old fart, that's not bad. RTS has really helped me learn my body, and learn how to effectively train: when to back off, when to say "Screw it, I'm maxing out." I'm sure that without RTS I never would have made such progression.

I hope that helps. Welcome to RTS!

Mike Tuchscherer
03-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey Pete, sorry for the late reply. It's been kind of crazy around here lately.

I guess you know that I'm going to be pretty sold on RTS methods, but I'll go ahead and let you know anyway. I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for posting and welcome to the board. If you have any questions or need any help, post it up!