Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter

Been training since April 2010, did first meet April 2011. Have some hip and shoulder issues, still trying to get bench up from PR Oct 2012 of 140. Have been thinking of making a log/blog somewhere for years but never got around to it. Been using RTS principles since about Dec 2013. Video tape most of my main lifts every session.

Next meet is a USPA July meet, as a "low stress" meet, and maybe qualify for RUM 8. Cutting a bit to easily make 148 wt with only 2-hour weigh-in. Bigger goal is Fall IPA National's meet where I want to total Pro and break my squat record there (320 lb Nov 2013). Even bigger goal (wishful thinking) is to get 330.5+ squat to get on world record list for women in my weight class. Yeah, I can squat but not much else, lol. Best DL (sumo) was 307.5 but form was pretty crappy. Working on that now.

Hoping to stay relatively on point with blogging. I keep my youtube up to date with comments about how training went, so shouldn't be too hard to at *least* copy paste here. I'm pretty busy, so most forum thread-type "logging" stresses me out if I don't have time to reply to thread posts, like this blog format better.

1. 5/14/14 TRAC (yelling at me) & Nutrition + Lotsa food

by , 05-15-2014 at 02:38 PM (Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter)
    TRAC
    You are showing prolonged elevated stress levels. No anaerobic training is recommended. Instead, do steady state cardio (walk, bike, etc) with your heart rate between 120 and 130 beats per minute.
    Also, tiredness has been high. Try to take a nap today.
    Soreness seems elevated. Perform some restoration work for the affected muscles.

Combined stress: 8 Severe Stress
    Weekly Avg Stress: 4.4 High Stress
    Recovery Rate: 2
    Fatigue load: ...
    Tags: food, stress Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 5/13/14 TRAC & Nutrition

by , 05-15-2014 at 02:09 PM (Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter)
    TRAC
    Continue training as normal.

Combined stress: 3.5 Moderate Stress
    Weekly Avg Stress: 3.5 Moderate Stress
    Recovery Rate: 7
    Fatigue load: 4 High Stress

Didn't nap yesterday, sleep...my norm but should get more. Usual sore parts not too bad today.

5/12 Burn rate: 3276 cals

5/12 Intake: 172p/325c/65f/2545 cals

Sleep:
    6:31 asleep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 5/12/14 Sport Form (w/sumo DLs & super stressed) 295/120/270 @148

by , 05-15-2014 at 01:35 PM (Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter)
    Meh, considering I'm in the middle of finals, little sleep, and cut I suppose I can't complain too much. Squat up from last SF, and I didn't even eat everything like I did last time, lol. I think I have decided that I'm definitely stronger with conventional than sumo dl (15 lb less), and after I finish this diagnostic week to do own RPE chart, I'll be running conventionals as competition lift for sure.

Surprisingly not all that gimpy today, though the last few days was quite tortuous ...

Updated 05-15-2014 at 01:44 PM by birdiefu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Supplements, adding adaptogens (Prime One)

by , 05-12-2014 at 10:18 PM (Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter)
    While general good nutrition, sleep, training, etc play the most important part of recovery, I do think some supplements can be helpful to....supplement the above when everything is spot-on. Of course fish oil, creatine, and beta alanine have great studies backing up their benefits to health and performance. I also take a multi, glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, have dabbled in cissus which didn't show much additional benefit to me, and also played with nootropics (piracetam, choline source, prami/oxi/etc ...
  5. 5/12/14 TRAC & Nutrition

by , 05-12-2014 at 09:55 PM (Sasha tries to make heavy weights feel lighter)
    TRAC
    Continue training as normal.

Combined stress: 2.5 Moderate Stress
    Weekly Avg Stress: 3.4 Moderate Stress
    Recovery Rate: 10
    Fatigue load: 5 High Stress

Either recovery cardio paid off or I show a delay on TRAC. Fatigue finally dropped a hair today and nice recovery spike, yay!

5/11 Burn rate:
    2760 cals

5/11 Intake: 172p/111c/112f/2131 ...

Updated 05-12-2014 at 09:59 PM by birdiefu

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast