BeanieWarrior

1. Auto regulated training so far

All is going well with my training plan so far. Im looking to tweak a couple of workouts, mainly for my bench, since squat and deadlift seem to be working well. I have some mini bands coming in, so Im definitely going to incorporate those into the program. I missed 358 because i couldnt lockout the lift. Taking all the necessary measures to make sure that doesn't ever happen again. Squat day went well today, Bench tomorrow
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Meet Numbers

Almost forgot about the meet totals

Bench 331 lbs
    Deadlift 551 lbs

Both are PR's for me, which is nice. Not nearly as high as I would like them to be for Nationals. A lot of work to do, and cant wait to get it started.
  3. First Attempt at Own Programming

After ALOT of reading, I have a good grasp on what I need to do to prepare for my July meet. Im going to take training 1 week at a time though, so I can really pay attention to how I feel before, during, and after I train.

My 1st week looks like this: (Volume Block)

Monday
    Olympic Style Squats Work up to x4@9 (No Load)
    Rack Pulls Work up to x4@9 (No Load)
    Pause Squats w/o Belt Work up to x6@9 (No Load)
    Ab Roller 12 mins

Tuesday ...

Updated 05-11-2014 at 04:50 AM by BeanieWarrior

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Just recieved RTS book

So i got my RTS book... and I am all kinds of confused. I feel like I have an idea of whats going on in one chapter, then the next reaffirms that I am clueless. I know RTS is a great way to train, and Ive used auto-regulated training before. It looks like programming it for myself is going to be a bit more difficult than initially anticipated. It will all be worth it Im sure. Push/pull meet tomorrow. Should probably try and get some sleep
  5. Perfecting Deadlift Form

I have a meet in two days, and my deadlift max out day today did not go well at all. I came to the realization that I dont really have any idea how to deadlift. I have just been doing what I think is right, and lifting. My lower back started to hurt pretty bad to day, so I know I need to perfect my form. The only issue is how exactly to go about it. On another note, ordered the RTS book, and cant wait to break into that and start learning.