Blog Comments

I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Capital Gains Tax
    Quote Originally Posted by Element_26
    Good to see you posting again bud. Are you doing anything corrective for the facet joint issue or the disc bulge, or just managing the pain and trying to correct technique? Your problems there (and some of the injuries and pain you've had) sound identical to mine!

What's the comp in Feb? I want to do the BPU one on 09/02.
    Well the treatment was basically some adjustments (well, weekly to begin with - still not sold on Chiropractors btw)..accupuncture to the lower back and some serious ART/ Deep tissue work that was brutal.

As for corrective, I wouldnt say I've done anything more than lots of core work really. Also concentrating on posture a lot more too. I dont have any general pain now really, just when I over do it - so will be concentrating on squat form a lot, I used to get a bit of tuck under...and clean up that deadlift tech!

The comp in feb is a GBPF regional mate, just waiting to confirm the date - they only have the national/ international dates up on the website.
    Good to see you posting again bud. Are you doing anything corrective for the facet joint issue or the disc bulge, or just managing the pain and trying to correct technique? Your problems there (and some of the injuries and pain you've had) sound identical to mine!

What's the comp in Feb? I want to do the BPU one on 09/02.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobW
    Sorry to read this, man, but hopefully you'll get sorted and be in better shape when you come back. What treatments are you looking at, if you don't mind me asking?
    No of course not Bob. So far it has consisted of some basic rehab exercises, acupuncture, adjustments and some deep tissue work.

One of the problem areas has become the supporting muscles around the vertebrae - they are essentially atrophied and letting the erectors do all the work (I think I have that right)...so lots of work to get that firing again.

Overall, I dont think its that serious, as in, I will be back lifting soon enough..
    Ah that sucks man... You'll be on the weaksauce for a few weeks then. Hope both knee and back clear up soon though!
    Sorry to read this, man, but hopefully you'll get sorted and be in better shape when you come back. What treatments are you looking at, if you don't mind me asking?
    lol only just seen this ^^ nice spamming!
    Well sort of - I do get the occasional pinch in my glute/ leg when I twist awkwardly - I guess that is the pressing on the nerve..the general ache, i dont know - I guess the out of line vertebrae?

Main thing is there isnt anything major and I should be able to recover - just need to clear up my deadlift tech. The chiro also mentioned he felt my arch wasn't good enough on squat in the bottom 3rd..! mobility work all round lol
    Well, good - I'm glad that you're able to continue to walk the righteous path! That little pinch is probably what you felt last week, I'm guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobW
    I just had another MRI this afternoon - hope yours is better than mine!
    Oh no, bad news??

Mine was ok actually...there are issues there - my double fracture is still there and is clearly not going to heal (after 10 years!), one of my nerve channels is being pinched occasionally...and it looks some one of the vertebrae are out of line somewhat.

But having said that, the doc who gave me a quick run through said none of it was major and could be dealt with without any surgery etc...follow up appt with the chiro next week!
    I just had another MRI this afternoon - hope yours is better than mine!
    Familiar story for me with the deadlifts! I finish a set, think "yeah - nice arch man", and then watch the vid...
    Thanks for the words Webby!

I do feel a bit more positive on the knee now, training is going to take a hit - but if the next 2-3 months clears up the injuries and allows me to come back in better shape, it can only be better for the long term!
    sorry to hear mate, sounds promising for your knee at least. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robb
    Good luck with it, I hope you get some good news!
    Thanks Mark

Well, saw another doctor just - he seems very very confident that a series of PRP injections would clear my knee right up, together with some sessions with a S&C coach to go through some occlusion training to preserve the muscle.

Seems more positive on that note at least!
    Good luck with it, I hope you get some good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Element_26
    Ah mate I'm sorry to hear that... Massive ball ache. Fingers crossed for you that you get good news this afternoon.
    Cheers mate, too many years of playing hooker I think! lol

The back is the most concerning, the knee is just an irritant!! Although, defo looks like I will be re-learning the deadlift...! The british in Oct may have to be dropped so I can just concentrate on that. We'll see!
    Ah mate I'm sorry to hear that... Massive ball ache. Fingers crossed for you that you get good news this afternoon.
    Cheers Bob - I did think it might be something that way related, I did wake up one night with a pain in my left glute that ran down my leg also, although that seems to have gone since then..

I will know more next week i guess, once I have the results and then meet again with the chiro - the guy seemed really switched on and has dealt with some high level sportsmen, so fingers crossed!
    Hey man - sorry to hear about this. Sounds like you have some sciatic nerve impingement at L5-S1 as indicated by the foot test. It's not the end of the world, especially if you're catching it fairly soon. Keep us posted.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast