All Blog Entries

1. Training Log Update

Great session! I switched over and did sumo's because I am thinking about switching permanently and want to try pulling that way for a while during the off-season to see how it suits. It felt great, had a lot left in the tank. This is really good b/c this is the first time doing sumo style in a long time, and I had to use an opposing grip instead of my usual hook grip because my left thumb got torn open last week ,and got mashed and started to bleed again doing hook grip during warmups. The opposing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Training Log Update

Bench was disappointing, but was mainly focused on doing everything very strictly ie; no butt movement. SSB pause squats are very hard, but great! Substituted cable crossovers for pec dec as the pec dec was broken. It was a good sub and I got pretty sore. Also substituted H-rolls for rear laterals as I feel that for me they are a great pre-hab exercise and give me a good direct hit on the rear delts.Week 58Day 2 - 11/17/10competition pause bench - 1RM: 385 lbs315 lbs x 3 reps x 1 sets @ 8 RPE - ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Training Log Update

First time doing conventional squats since the meet 2 months ago, so they felt a bit awkward. Still, did a triple with the same weight that I ended up with at the meet...go figure!? Still trying to sort that one out! Curling the stack on cable curls, so good thing it is high reps. Did hack squats with a very narrow stance in order to hit things entirely differently than free squats.Week 58Day 1 - 11/15/10squat - 1RM: 641 lbs405 lbs x 3 reps x 1 sets @ 7 RPE - 63% of 1RM500 lbs x 3 reps x 1 sets ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized