• TRAC FAQ

TRAC has been out for a couple of months now and it is becoming clear that there are some questions that people generally have. This article seeks to answer as many of those as I can, so without further delay, let’s get right to it!
      To find out more about TRAC, click here.

I currently monitor my morning resting heart rate and a tap test on my own. Is TRAC worth it?
      Yes, TRAC is definitely worth it. Here’s why…
      The 4-point Orthostatic test gives us a MUCH better idea of how your body is handling stress than just resting heart rate. Resting heart rate is easily skewed. Waking up in the wrong portion of your sleep cycle will do this as will a host of other seemingly innocuous quirks. The Orthostatic test will give you a much better reading with lots less error. Plus it can give you Autonomic Nervous assessments, which is vital in discerning how severe a bout of Over-reaching has gotten and what to do to correct it.
      And in our R&D process, we found it’s not just how many taps you get in the tap test, but howyou tap the space bar that is also important. That’s where the Variance and Pause metrics come in to play. They give us more data points to monitor CNS functioning.
      But it’s not just the tests themselves that make TRAC accurate. Honestly, without the TRAC test analysis methods, the tests themselves are not that helpful. We developed a proprietary algorithm to analyze the tests and give you the most accurate assessments that we can. This was a painstaking process, but it’s the real reason for the success of the TRAC program. It learns “you” – who you are, what you’re like, what your tendencies are… and the better it gets to know you, the more accurate it gets.

I am not a Powerlifter. Is TRAC beneficial to me?
      Yes, TRAC is not just for Powerlifters. Any athlete will benefit from using TRAC because it assesses the total amount of stress your body is dealing with. This can be training stress, emotional stress, immune system stress, nutritional stress, etc, etc. That's the beauty of it -- it takes all of those stresses into account so there is no longer any guesswork with it. It doesn't matter if your a lifter, a runner, a fighter, or any other athlete. Your body responds in generally the same way and TRAC does a good job of assessing it and reporting back to you.

TRAC said I was at Low Stress, but I still felt sore. What’s up?
      The stress measurement on TRAC is a whole-body assessment. If you’re sore, then that is an indication that your muscles may not be fully recovered (though this isn’t always the case). Soreness doesn’t tell you how the rest of your body is doing. If TRAC says you are at Low Stress, then this means the rest of your body’s systems are not over-stressed at this time. As a whole, your body is recovering.

TRAC said I was at High Stress, but I feel fine.
      This is basically the flip of the above question. This tells me that my muscular system is recovering, but the other systems of my body aren’t doing as well. This could be the endocrine system, the digestive system, various energy systems, the nervous system, and so on. Your body is dealing with appreciable stress whether you “feel” it or not. You should adjust your training load accordingly.

My scores seem to be delayed a day. I train hard and the next day my TRAC is fine, but the day after that, I show stress. Why is that?
      This is something we have noticed among many different people in our TRAC testing, though we don’t fully understand it at this time. However, we hypothesize that during the day after the training, your body was recovering, but still managing fine. The second day, we think that your body is just tired from the restoration work and is showing signs of stress as a result.

I don’t have a heart rate monitor. Is TRAC still accurate without it?
      This depends on how good you are at taking your heart rate. There is no reason it should be any less accurate, however if you mess up your heart rates, there’s not much I can do to help.

TRAC said I was Low Stress / Good CNS, but my workout was terrible. Why is that?
      The reason for this is that TRAC is not a readiness test. Just because you are low stress does not mean that you will have a stellar workout. The quality of your workout is a result of Readiness. TRAC in its current state is not a readiness test, but a physiological monitoring test. It allows us to see what kinds of effects we can expect from the training we do accomplish and also how we should respond to our bodies. For example, if stress is low but CNS is also poor, clearly we should implement some CNS specific restoratives in order to get back to optimal functioning. Without TRAC, we would be left to guess – often incorrectly – at how our systems are functioning and what to do about it.

That’s all for now. If you have more questions, make sure to ask them on the forum and we will answer them as soon as possible! Thanks!
      To find out more about TRAC, click here.