• General Training

by Published on 02-21-2013 10:13 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

General Physical Preparedness (or “GPP”) has become somewhat of a catch phrase for Powerlifters in the last decade or so. It is a term tossed around to describe a wide range of activity from mowing the lawn to dragging a sled. The truth is that we often misuse this term or apply it loosely. I’m not here to be the word-police, ...
      Published on 02-21-2013 10:06 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

By: Brady Stewart

From the beginning of my lifting career, it has always been a dream of mine to make any USA World Team. If you’d have told me 3 years ago that I’d have made the team for 2009, I would have thought you were crazy. It wasn’t until I learned how to train myself via RTS that my strength really took off. I started training with the Reactive Training System back in January 2007. Once I found that I made the US Bench Press Team, I had only 20 months of RTS under my belt. I truly feel that without it, I wouldn’t have made the team or even come close. I started RTS with a 518lb bench press and in 30 months of training RTS, I’ve stayed in the same weight class and have recently doubled 640lbs in training for the IPF BP Worlds. This article will shed some light on how I trained for my first IPF Worlds, a meet report, lessons learned, and where my training and goals go from here. Hopefully some of you can learn from my experiences to better prepare you for your next contests.

- Training –

by Published on 02-21-2013 10:03 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

Whenever am around powerlifters, the one question I get asked more than any other is how I train the way I do by myself. At first I was really surprised that so many people were interested in this, but it made me realize that I have come up with some pretty good ways to train hard and train relatively safe without additional “manpower”. The ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234