• Articles

Published on 02-21-2013 12:26 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Program Articles
      Article Preview

by Brady Stewart

This is the first article in a series entitled Case Studies in Programming. In this article series, I will discuss some of the applications of the Reactive Training System for strength athletes, primarily powerlifters. The first article will focus on my own application of RTS. The articles following will be case studies of my training partners and other Reactive Training System athletes, as well as some ideas that we have implemented involving strength training and how it applies to other sports. We have seen some great individual successes with the implementation of basic, intermediate, ...
      by Published on 02-21-2013 12:05 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training
      Article Preview

Hello everyone and welcome to my new series, Physiology for Meatheads, where we take the sometimes complex topics of physiology and break them down so we all get more than just the basics. This series will help us all understand why training works and ultimately how to train more effectively.
      This first installment will cover the basics of how our muscles contract. The first thing to understand ...
      by Published on 02-21-2013 10:15 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Beginning RTS
      Article Preview

So the Reactive Training Manual has been available for over a year now.In that time RTS as a business has grown and changed a lot.A positive aspect of that growth is that more and more people are discovering RTS and seeking knowledge on the system.It is in this regard that I realized ...
      by Published on 02-21-2013 10:13 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

General Physical Preparedness (or “GPP”) has become somewhat of a catch phrase for Powerlifters in the last decade or so. It is a term tossed around to describe a wide range of activity from mowing the lawn to dragging a sled. The truth is that we often misuse this term or apply it loosely. I’m not here to be the word-police, ...
      Published on 02-21-2013 10:10 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Advanced Concepts
      Article Preview

By Mladen Jovanovic

[note from the editor: Mladen has translated this article into English. As with many translations, it can be somewhat rough around the edges at times. Knowing this, there is still more than enough useful information in it to warrant it's publication.]

As an active member of various sport discussion forums and other websites, I noticed that the „westerns“ aren’t familiar with sport form. When I say „aren’t familiar“ I don’t mean they didn’t experienced it, but they rather lack the knowledge and experience identifying and controlling it.
      Every coach knows that it is impossible that their players perform at their top shape for prolonged period
      Published on 02-21-2013 10:06 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

By: Brady Stewart

From the beginning of my lifting career, it has always been a dream of mine to make any USA World Team. If you’d have told me 3 years ago that I’d have made the team for 2009, I would have thought you were crazy. It wasn’t until I learned how to train myself via RTS that my strength really took off. I started training with the Reactive Training System back in January 2007. Once I found that I made the US Bench Press Team, I had only 20 months of RTS under my belt. I truly feel that without it, I wouldn’t have made the team or even come close. I started RTS with a 518lb bench press and in 30 months of training RTS, I’ve stayed in the same weight class and have recently doubled 640lbs in training for the IPF BP Worlds. This article will shed some light on how I trained for my first IPF Worlds, a meet report, lessons learned, and where my training and goals go from here. Hopefully some of you can learn from my experiences to better prepare you for your next contests.

- Training –

by Published on 02-21-2013 10:03 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. General Training

Whenever am around powerlifters, the one question I get asked more than any other is how I train the way I do by myself. At first I was really surprised that so many people were interested in this, but it made me realize that I have come up with some pretty good ways to train hard and train relatively safe without additional “manpower”. The ...
      by Published on 01-29-2013 02:50 PM  Number of Views: 25952 
      1. Categories:
      2. Beginning RTS
      Article Preview

I decided to post Chapter 2 of the RTS Manual so you can 1) get an idea of my writing style, 2) get a solid understanding of some of the fundamental concepts of RTS, and 3) so you can see what you're missing if you haven't read the RTS Manual! Enjoy!
      The RTS Manual

Chapter 2 – Rates of Perceived Exertion (RPEs)

This chapter concerns the RPE system in Reactive Training. Pay attention, because if you don’t get this right, the entire system ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213