Adam-F

'Injury' update

Rate this Entry
Not really sure what I am putting here, I had/ have some frustrating news at the minute and just wanted to note it down...might stop me running it through my head!!

So, since my comp on 21st April, I have had a sore/ achy lower back - it was a very mild thing prior to that...almost like a training effect. However, post comp is seemed I had irritated it somehow. It hasn't cleared up - although has reduced somewhat.

Decided to finally go and see a chiro to get checked out, turns out I have some lack of sensation in my left foot...and no control over my big toe (weird test), anyway I am now going for an MRI scan on Friday morning to check for a bulging disk! Fingers crossed that is just a precautionary thing though..

Also, have another check up with ANOTHER doctor regarding my left knee tendonitis..starting to run out of options here too. I have been through shockwave therapy without success, done a long period of rest etc..starting to look like the 'solutions' are..nothing, just manage it as best I can OR injections/ surgery.

Hoping for some good news when I see the doc this afternoon. Frustrated is not the word.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Team Member Blogs

Comments

Hey man - sorry to hear about this. Sounds like you have some sciatic nerve impingement at L5-S1 as indicated by the foot test. It's not the end of the world, especially if you're catching it fairly soon. Keep us posted.
    Cheers Bob - I did think it might be something that way related, I did wake up one night with a pain in my left glute that ran down my leg also, although that seems to have gone since then..

I will know more next week i guess, once I have the results and then meet again with the chiro - the guy seemed really switched on and has dealt with some high level sportsmen, so fingers crossed!
    Ah mate I'm sorry to hear that... Massive ball ache. Fingers crossed for you that you get good news this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Element_26
    Ah mate I'm sorry to hear that... Massive ball ache. Fingers crossed for you that you get good news this afternoon.
    Cheers mate, too many years of playing hooker I think! lol

The back is the most concerning, the knee is just an irritant!! Although, defo looks like I will be re-learning the deadlift...! The british in Oct may have to be dropped so I can just concentrate on that. We'll see!
    Good luck with it, I hope you get some good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robb
    Good luck with it, I hope you get some good news!
    Thanks Mark

Well, saw another doctor just - he seems very very confident that a series of PRP injections would clear my knee right up, together with some sessions with a S&C coach to go through some occlusion training to preserve the muscle.

Seems more positive on that note at least!
    sorry to hear mate, sounds promising for your knee at least. good luck
    Thanks for the words Webby!

I do feel a bit more positive on the knee now, training is going to take a hit - but if the next 2-3 months clears up the injuries and allows me to come back in better shape, it can only be better for the long term!