Mark Dowling

2013 Week 37 Bench Day 2 - Overshooting RPEs - Sorry Coach...

Rate this Entry
Bench (touch and go) x3 @9 4-6%
Est. 1RM: 113 kgs
100 x3 x1 @8.5
102.5 x3 x1 @9.5
95 x3 x1 @8.5
95 x3 x1 @9

-5 kg on last weeks effort. Although that was a high rep @10 set, so that may account for some of the difference. Tonight was a better performance than the other two weeks in this cycle so that can't be a bad thing.

3ct Pause Bench x5 @9 4-6%
Est. 1RM: 102 kgs
87.5 x5 x1 @10
80 x5 x1 @9

Overshot my RPE on the first set. I thought I was going relatively light as I was aiming for a set with 92 kg. Fatigued very quickly. I may have been counting slightly slower than when I last did them.

Close Grip 3Board x5 @8 4-6%
Est. 1RM: 110 kgs
90 x5 x1 @8.5
90 x5 x2 @9.5
90 x5 x1 @11

Small overshoot on the initial RPE but not too bad considering this was the first time I've done these. I knew there was a possibility of a missed rep on these but I put up a good fight on the 5th rep of the last set. Was close to grinding it out but alas it was not to be. Next time!

Seated DB Curl x5 @10
Est. 1RM: 48 kgs
30 x5 x1 @6
35 x5 x1 @7
40 x5 x1 @9
40 x5 x1 @9.5

+4 kg over last week on the seated DB curls. It all counts! . Also, no RPE overshoot...

Comments

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    https://dailygram.com/index.php/blog...y-plugin-2019/
    So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.
    貸款
    I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    http://www.fxstat.com/en/user/profil...SS-Is-Revealed
    I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    dàn không gian
    I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . .
    小額貸款*