Adam-F

A comeback! ...of sorts

Rate this Entry
So after numerous issues...I have been back training for about 4-5 weeks now. I am starting back on the RTS type template as of this week, still a little loose, but I just want to build some solid foundations for now.

Today's training:

AM:

25 mins cardio - stepper

lat pulldowns - 5x10
ext rotations - 5x20
mobility work

PM:

Comp bench[x3@9, 5%]:
95kg @7.5
105kg @9/9.5
100kg @8.5
100kg @9

TaG[x5@9, 5%]:
90kg @8
97kg @8
100kg @9
92kg @9

CG floor press[x6@9, 5%]:
70kg @7.5
85kg @8.5, 9
75kg @9

Volume here seriously kicked my ass, only been benching once per week with some accessory stuff, so this probably doubles my usual week lol

Injury update, so I finally found that I had a slight disk bulge around l5/s1, together with the facet joints impinging on my nerves - hence the sciatica etc I was getting. This all coincided with my final Masters exams and dissertation, so I ended up taking nearly 6 months off to recover and concentrate on other things.

I am still awaiting my PRP injections for my knee tendonitis, however that is something I can just train around and manage as best I can.

Plan is to build up my strength again but this time paying even more attention to form and technique, with zero grinding out of reps to save the back.

I have my eye on a competition in February of next year - although I have a months trip to NZ booked, so if that clashes obviously that will take priority!

Updated 11-26-2013 at 03:43 AM by Adam-F

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to see you posting again bud. Are you doing anything corrective for the facet joint issue or the disc bulge, or just managing the pain and trying to correct technique? Your problems there (and some of the injuries and pain you've had) sound identical to mine!

What's the comp in Feb? I want to do the BPU one on 09/02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Element_26
    Good to see you posting again bud. Are you doing anything corrective for the facet joint issue or the disc bulge, or just managing the pain and trying to correct technique? Your problems there (and some of the injuries and pain you've had) sound identical to mine!

What's the comp in Feb? I want to do the BPU one on 09/02.
    Well the treatment was basically some adjustments (well, weekly to begin with - still not sold on Chiropractors btw)..accupuncture to the lower back and some serious ART/ Deep tissue work that was brutal.

As for corrective, I wouldnt say I've done anything more than lots of core work really. Also concentrating on posture a lot more too. I dont have any general pain now really, just when I over do it - so will be concentrating on squat form a lot, I used to get a bit of tuck under...and clean up that deadlift tech!

The comp in feb is a GBPF regional mate, just waiting to confirm the date - they only have the national/ international dates up on the website.