Pretty much just a lower body day...

Rate this Entry
Training Day 2 - 2016-04-27

Deadlift w/belt:
162.5kgx7 @7
170kgx7 @7.5
180kgx7 @10(ish)
165kgx7 @8.5

Overshot my top set just a little bit... my stamina or work capacity is pretty crappy, and I know this because 180x7 @10 wasn't really "move" like a 10. The speed was surprisingly fast, but my muscles were faily. So I may have been able to force out 1 or 2 more reps, but something in my technique would have broke down. So I'm calling this a "10" because another rep and I feel like they would have gotten ugly.

3ct Pause Bench:
70kgx5x2
90kgx5
110kgx3 <-- stopped...

I pulled my pec during Monday's benching. It felt pretty damn good leading up to this day though so I figured I'd give it a shot. I warmed up very thoroughly and it felt good but once I got to 110 I could just feel it, ever so slightly. So I shut it down. The rest of the week I will probably just do some flyes to stretch out/pump some blood in there and give it a try next week.

Highbar 3:3 tempo squat:
120kgx 23 reps in 12 mins

I was just gonna do front squats, but my front rack mobility is crap (I should probably just work on that instead of avoiding it) and wanted to do more than just regular Highbar squats, so I did them with a tempo. Although I didn't get many reps out of 12 minutes because of the time it takes to complete a rep due to the tempo, I got a great pump out of it. I probably could have pushed a little harder, but figured it would be best to reserve some room to grow in weeks to come.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments