linchao

Alec Ogletree Jersey

Rate this Entry
Now that the contract has been taken care of Larry Warford Jersey , Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham said his focus is on winning games and being a legend.

Of course, having a big pile of money gives a man the liberty to dream big dreams.

“I want to be legendary,” Beckham said, via Danny Abriano of SNY. “My goal has always been to be in the Hall of Fame Bronson Kaufusi Jersey , to win trophies, to leave a legacy way beyond any money that you make.”

Beckham insisted the contract talks were never a distraction to him, and his willingness to play nice by showing up for voluntary work and training camp certainly helped the process along.

“I just wanted to get the contract done,” he said. “It’s not like it’s gonna change the way that I want to play and the way that I want to perform. . . .

“It just was a matter of when. I knew that I was already taken care of before this happened.”

He also said he didn’t necessarily feel more pressure or responsibility Andre Reed Jersey , and his reputation as one of the team’s hardest workers preceded the negotiations. That doesn’t mean the Giants won’t expect a return on their investment.

Despite suspending cornerback Jalen Ramsey for one week, the Jaguars won’t be playing hardball with him contractually.

Per a league source, the Jaguars have informed Ramsey that they won’t be voiding the remaining guarantees in his contract.

The standard language used by the Jaguars in first-round contracts with guaranteed payments expressly permits guarantees to be voided for suspensions due to conduct detrimental to the team. The Jaguars specifically suspended Ramsey for “violating team rules and conduct unbecoming of a Jaguars football player,” which apparently doesn’t trigger a voiding of the guarantees.

The Jaguars arguably could have dubbed the behavior “conduct detrimental” (and possibly would have won any grievance challenging it) Alec Ogletree Jersey , but they opted instead to call it a violation of team rules and “conduct unbecoming,” which apparently is different than “conduct detrimental.”

So why the distinction-without-a-difference between “detrimental” and “unbecoming”? The Jaguars possibly wanted to impose discipline without voiding of the guarantees because: (1) the gesture is irrelevant as to Ramsey, a great player who isn’t going to be cut during the term of his rookie contract; and (2) the move may have inflamed the situation with Ramsey, who already may be upset at discipline he potentially regards as an overreaction.

So what about Dante Fowler Jr. Andrus Peat Jersey , who was suspended for precisely the same reasons? His future guarantees already were voided by a suspension under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Bottom line: Ramsey’s bottom line isn’t affected by the suspension. But it wasn’t going to be impact, anyway.

Kevin Hervey Jersey
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments