mmotony

Final Fantasy 12 Devs Explain Why It's Re-emerging After 11 Years

Rate this Entry
If you missed Final Fantasy XII's original PS2 release, you will have a chance to participate in the remaster, The Zodiac Age, september. It's the story of Vaan and company taking around the evil Judge Gabranth, all done through the experience's unique and deceptively deep Gambit combat system. We sat down with producer Hiroaki Kato and director Takashi Katano to express why now may be the right time for just a remaster and exactly what has to offer above the original game.
GameSpot: Why restore Final Fantasy XII over other mainline titles?Kato: Several reasons, consider we worked for the original XII, we have a great deal of memories linked to that title. And when Final Fantasy X arrived on the scene as an HD remaster for the PS4 and became a successful title, we believed that maybe we have to bring this place back at the same time. So we brought together the core members on the original team of developers.
And then one other reason was that after we created the first XII, we actually got relatively high spec. So we had arrived always believing that we wished to create an HD version than it sometime from the future. But if we did that, I needed to have an original members work towards it also. It was difficult trying to find a time when everyone can perform FFXIV Gil together again, because everyone was on different projects.
We've seen many love for XII from the readers and viewers. Why do you would imagine that is? Is it a cult following? Is it individuals who missed this the primary time around? Why the sudden surge in popularity?Kato: When we released the initial, it had been around if the PS2 was changing in the new generation of PS3s. So we actually utilized the PS2 system to its fullest, towards the maximum.
The mechanic that there was in there, the Gambit System, was very unique. There were few other games which have that style of system during those times. So with all the unique nintendo ds and world that individuals created in XII, I believe it made a strong memory in people.
I think that there are similar thoughts about Final Fantasy IX, since that released on the end of PS1 life cycle. Do you see those parallels also?Katano: I handled VIII then X, so I wasn't really on IX, in general, the alteration from PlayStation one or two was really big, and after that compared compared to that, PS2 to PS3 had not been as much. So there probably is really a little bit of your difference there. From PS1 to PS2, ideal for do in a very game just drastically changed. But from PS2 to PS3, particularly if PS3 had just emerge, it was much more about increasing the expressiveness of games, like adding shaders and being able to do more with the overall game system. Games that utilized physics arrived later, but initially it was not like that.
Kato: It's weird for individuals to call our title a masterpiece ourselves, in fact, the titles that happen to be called masterpieces come out on the end from the generational cycle, just since it takes a whole lot time to build a game.
For individuals who played an original, what's going being new for him or her this time?Kato: The Zodiac Age is based around the International Zodiac Job System, which had been only released in Japan. So especially for that Western audience, we changed the whole gameplay balance. The battle design was passed onto Hiroyuki Ito. We mentioned Final Fantasy IX earlier, and hubby was the overall game designer to the title too as The Zodiac Age. He's historically handled battle design with the past Final Fantasy titles.
And in case you missed it the primary time around, what can you hope will hook new players?Kato: How fun it would be to play an RPG. From fighting, to field exploration, to character growth, The Zodiac Age has everything that. It will feel great to have your characters grow. And while you're leveling increase characters, you will find more items which you need to equip then use them to combat stronger enemies. And so the many elements that you will consider normal to have an RPG are especially game in a very really great balance.
You've commented before that you'd like to view another Final Fantasy game utilize the Gambit System. Is that still something you want to find out? Maybe a Revenant Wings 2?Kato: I feel which the Gambit System is very complex, therefore it is been really tough to implement that in other titles. But I do want to utilize the mechanics somehow, maybe in a very different form. It's very tricky to develop around, making sure that might be described as a difficult activity.
There's a bit of the running joke that Final Fantasy XII's plot is actually Star Wars. How do you react to that?Kato: [Laughs] I've heard that also. But we weren't really thinking of that during development. One thing we were thinking of was creating an easy-to-understand plot line that you might really just grasp immediately. And Star Wars inside a sense comes with that too. But because Star Wars is definately a great title, such an incredible film, that means that Final Fantasy XII is usually a great title, right? [Laughs]So not including XII, which Final Fantasy can be your favorite?Katano: My favorite title is Final Fantasy V. That job product is just superb. The person who created it truly is actually Ito, whom we mentioned earlier, and hubby just brought over everything experience through the past. But I was obviously a student when I played it, and I was only surprised that there was something fun to experiment with. I was only so immersed inside it, and I'd play for many hours and hours.
Kato: [Laughs] Oh, that needs to be why you've wound up here.
And which Final Fantasy do you want to view remastered next?Katano: The PlayStation 2 would possibly be the only hardware that individuals could really remaster from. Anything before that probably wouldn't be considered a remaster anymore, but a remix because of all of the polygon models and sprites, like Final Fantasy VII. That's probably why they certainly a remake, rather then like a remaster.
Kato: [Laughs] I'd love to find out a remaster of Final Fantasy I and all of the numbered titles, but that can be difficult to do. When you buy Final Fantasy XIV Gil from MMOAH, you find out the process is very simple. On MMOAH you will find the best supplier who are guaranteed to send product fast against the best prices.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments