OzyVendigo

Mountain Biking Instead Of Road Riding

Rate this Entry

Cruising your local single track trails differ in so many ways than jumping on a road bike. Maybe itís the feeling of becoming one with nature while meandering through a thick lush forest with the occasional deer or even a moose sighting. It could also be the fact that once you swing one leg over the saddle, clip into the pedals and head into the forest or open wilderness where there are no cars, traffic lights, or even that dog coming out to chase you like you would encounter while cycling on road.

There are many reasons why outdoor enthusiasts prefer to get into mountain biking rather than getting into cycling. Some of witch Iíve been told by my friends and also seen first hand. Buying a mountain bike is a very responsive step. You should study this issue as much as possible before making a purchase. On the Internet, you can find the best mountain bike under 1500. Therefore, take a look and learn all the advantages and disadvantages of each of the options. From looking at pictures, watching videos and even reading other articles in magazines, there are plenty of mountain bike parks around the United States and even around the world for you to explore the back country. While getting off the pavement and into the single track trails, you can practice your bike handling skills, something that is a lot easier to practice on a mountain*bike*than on a road bike. It is much easier to practice your bike handling when you are in a park that offers an endless amount of rocks, boulders, roots, logs and man made bridges over creeks.

Once someone gets good at being able to handle their bike in all different circumstances, the desire to show off by doing tricks in front of your friends such as wheelies and even riding onto a ramp ten feet off the ground and doing a no handed track stand becomes very tempting. Even though I put in plenty of miles by riding on the road, it is very nice to get onto my full suspension bike and do a workout with friends who are also mountain bikers too. When Iím feeling that pain in my legs while ascending a long climb or making my way through a series of switchbacks, quite often I see parents taking their young kids with them to ride through the park. It is much easier for a parent to take their child through a park on properly fitted bike than to be out riding out on the road where there are cars and other dangerous elements to deal with. When someone who is a cyclist and rides on the road, they feel all the bumps and vibrations that comes with being on the pavement. On the other hand, when you are clipped into you mountain bike and exploring the lush forest, any bumps in the trail system that you are on are soaked up by the suspension system of your mountain bike.

With all the different reasons why mountain biking can be better than road riding, I am confident that you will feel the same way and even find more reasons once you swing one leg over the saddle, get clipped in and head into the forest or open wilderness where there are no cars, traffic lights, or even that dog coming out to chase you like you would encounter while cycling on road.
There are different types of mountain bikes and some of these types are hard tail or full suspension bikes, cross country race bikes, downhill bikes, rigid bikes and while most mountain bikes have 26 inch wheels, you can even find 29ers.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adventure-bike-cyclist-1625984.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	871  

Updated 03-24-2019 at 07:08 PM by OzyVendigo

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments