Debbie_Powell

How Can Writing Train Your Mental Health?

Rate this Entry
Writing is an art that has been used for hundreds of years as mental therapy. Since the introduction of smart devices and computers, the practice has gained much significance especially in the lives of students. Mental health is critical because every activity undertaken involves decision making which is a function of the mind.

A study carried out among students in Australia highlighted that most pupils had shown symptoms of stress and anxiety and this can be attributed by the numerous subjects undertaken and some of these papers are quite difficult. When faced with such situations the main questions among these students include can I pay someone to write my paper? Can I hire a professional tutor to write my paper for money. Hiring a writer to handle your assignment is a perfect way to relieve your anxiety and stress. Another reliable means is jotting down your thoughts and emotions. There are many benefits that can be derived from writing, both in everyday life and in the mental health perspective.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Writing.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	892

Journal Writing
You can keep a journal by noting down your daily feelings and experiences. This practice will help you to eliminate negativity instead of letting it grow within you. It helps you to develop measures of dealing with bad feelings since you will be able to identify as and see them on paper. It is amazing how listing your fears and feelings gives you the creativity to solve the problems. It even can help you to become a good author and find your new hobby.

Poems and Short Novels
Coming up with a poem, short story or novel provides a sense of “letting go.” If you are experiencing emotional difficulties, jotting them on a piece of paper can restore you into your happy state. Studies have so much pressure, and scholars are bound to experience challenges that amount to anxiety. In extreme cases, tutors may give challenging tests and assignments which in turn can lead to panic attacks. In such circumstances, it is always advisable to engage in intensive writing which is more therapeutic than indulging in drugs.

Some of the Mental Issues That Can Be Overcome Through Writing
In order to keep a healthy mental status, one has to write at least ten minutes every day. You can write about your emotions if you want to deal with the problem of worrying. Before you start writing, make sure you focus on the positive events of the day. For example, you can identify a single event for a day or think randomly about a positive factor and write about it. If a negative event happened, treat it as a motivation.

Anxiety and Depression
Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety arise because people tend to listen to the activities running in their minds. Instead, paying attention to the environment is the most advisable thing to do. As you develop your writing skills, you become more observant. During the day, watch the environment as you gather information to write in the evening. This is a perfect strategy to get out of your head and live a fulfilling lifestyle. This process is also essential in boosting the functioning of your memory.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laptop1-316x210.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	893

Trauma and Panic Attack
In the case of trauma, expressive writing is essential in unlocking emotional inhibition. People who have suffered traumatic incidences can overcome torment by expressing their emotions. Writing aids in organizing such thoughts where you can provide meaning to the traumatic event. A victim can regulate such negative emotions through the process of writing. Individuals who have suffered trauma often talk about it with others. In order to reach out to the larger society, noting down the events can attract social support which is necessary for the healing process.

Learning as a Function of Mental Health
Learning is also a function of mental health. Students are encouraged to take on writing which aids the mind to learn. It has been proven that writing by hand should be encouraged because signals are sent from the hand directly to the brain which, in turn, builds the motor skills. As you write, the mind is triggered to incur some effort over time which in the long run improves your memory.

The act of writing provides exercises to the brain thus increasing its power. As you write, you engage your memory and motor skills among other functions of the brain. As you make sequential movements of the fingers, some regions of the brain are activated.

Writing enables you to develop your decision making skills as well as improving your concentration capacity. Even better, it has been proven that it can also help with mental conditions such as anxiety, depression, panic attack, and trauma.

Updated 06-03-2019 at 09:07 AM by Debbie_Powell

Tags: writing Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A lot of people these days care a lot about their mental health and I think that it is great. I do so and lately I discovered a great remedy for your mental health, cbd oil. If you aren't familiar with the thing, check these guys out to get some info.