Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPT-based programs (GymAware/Tendo) Repository

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalAeon View Post
    How did you arrive to the variables -0.6 + 7.0333?

Anyway, did a spreadsheet for this to use in my training and see where my subjective RPE is compared to the correlation:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I arrived at those experimentally. I collected a boatload of data, plotted it all, and analyzed the trend. Then I took that and used it experimentally for a long time since then.

Cool sheet. Looks like you have the data you need to start using velocity as an RPE input. Word of wisdom though -- just let the velocity influence your subjective RPE rating. IMO subjective RPE is still king because it takes into account things that velocity doesn't. Velocity is a useful contributor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tuchscherer View Post
    I arrived at those experimentally. I collected a boatload of data, plotted it all, and analyzed the trend. Then I took that and used it experimentally for a long time since then.

Cool sheet. Looks like you have the data you need to start using velocity as an RPE input. Word of wisdom though -- just let the velocity influence your subjective RPE rating. IMO subjective RPE is still king because it takes into account things that velocity doesn't. Velocity is a useful contributor though.
    Yeah. I was thinking something similar. I'm currently using the PUSH Armband and I like it a lot. However the PUSH assist "program" is a bit off for me when it comes to the velocity zones. So I'm increasing weight more with the help of subjective RPE than what the app recommends me to do.

So, using the formula above I can determine the vRPE using the slowest rep in a set. One thing I'm wondering about is what the fastest rep in a set tells you.

You could quite easily, using linear regression, estimate 1RM using the fastest rep and then determine at what % of 1RM you're using. But perhaps the average velocity of all the reps would be more appropriate?

So the fastest rep = load intensity, slowest rep = exertion intensity (RPE score).

What are your thoughts?

I believe that's what Mladen suggests based on research. I have looked at it and it seems to work well *for me* on singles, but not so much on rep work. Maybe I'm subconsciously not pushing as hard as I can?

Yeah, it's from Mladen's work I started thinking about it. What buggs me though is that it's seldom that the first rep is the fastest and the last is the slowest. on sets of 4 the 2nd rep is often the fastest and the 3rd the slowest, some times vice versa. But that might have more to do with my technique. All in all, it's interesting stuff.