Thread: 6 Sessions / Week, ~1h Sessions

6 Sessions / Week, ~1h Sessions

I don't have any issue with going to the gym almost every day, my main problem is the time each session takes. I workout in the morning before work and I have ~1h available. How would you suggest to place the different slots?

Currently I'm running this template:
    Monday
    Squat Supplement
    Bench Supplement
    Rows (GPP)

Tuesday
    Deadlift Supplement
    2nd Bench Supplement
    Side Raises (GPP)

Wednesday
    Squat Assistance
    Bench Assistance
    Curls (GPP)

Thursday
    Deadlift Assistance
    2nd Bench Assistance
    GPP: Rows

Friday
    Squat Primary
    Bench Primary
    Side Raises (GPP)

Saturday (could spend more time here)
    Deadlift Primary
    2nd Bench Primary
    Curls (GPP)

If I'm running out of time I drop the GPP slot for that day.

I'm doing the exact same thing but 5 days, it's an intensity block so I dropped 2 slots. I don't get through it in an hour though. On Monday I was all pumped up and felt like I flew through everything, but it still took me about 1 1/2 hours. Maybe I'm slow, but I prefer to get some good work in rather than rush.

I would drop at least one each of the curls and side raises. Unless you have a good reason then I don't see why they should be done at all. Maybe I'm prejudiced. I used to do a lot of side raises because I had some shoulder issues, but I don't think there is a good excuse for a powerlifter to do curls. Do some ab work, rotator cuff work, and TKE's. And why not chin ups instead of rows one day?

The GPP slots are there as fillers for those days when I have the time. As for abs, I'll be adding them with the same priority as rows. As for TKE and mobility work, I do these every break at work and before bed. So TKE and external rotations are done once every day +1 on the chin ups!

What about maybe finish the Saturday session with 15min of cycle sprints? Seems like a good place since I have a rest day on Sunday.

I'm also curious about the primary, assistance & supplemental order of the slots. but it might not matter that much. I might switch supplemental with primary after 3-4 weeks of this.

It sounds like you have GPP under control for the most part. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with recovery, I was doing 2 GPP days a week for a while but changed things because it was contributing to fatigue. Conditioning of Saturday sounds good to me.

For raw lifters it usually goes like this:
    Primary-Main lifts/T&G bench instead of lockout primary

Assistance: close variations

Supplement: mostly for hypertrophy on muscle groups that don't get enough from main lifts or to correct technical errors
    examples:
    squat: ssb/front/tempo/beltless/pause
    bench - triceps and shoulders: military/push press, incline, close grip incline (kills 2 birds with one stone), close grip variations, JM press
    deadlift: SLDL/GM variations, heavy rows

For equipped lifters the primary lifts would be something that builds the main lifts since you probably don't want to train in gear every day year-round.