Thread: 365# Squat Form Check ~85%

365# Squat Form Check ~85%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeEdHoOFYYY

High bar w/belt and olympic shoes

Looks OK, just slow out of the hole.

Thanks, so possibly more work with pause squats? Or simply just focus on being faster?

Quote Originally Posted by seth1029 View Post
    Thanks, so possibly more work with pause squats? Or simply just focus on being faster?
    Do you currently do a lot of pause squats? I know a guy who was having issues from doing too many of those, he was losing the stretch reflex at the bottom. Do you normally get a good bounce out of the hole with lighter weights? If you do, then pause squats should help. If you are already doing a lot then they may be the problem.

You can never be too fast, but I'm not sure if speed work or plyometrics will help. Just keep squatting.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_ottawa View Post
    Do you currently do a lot of pause squats? I know a guy who was having issues from doing too many of those, he was losing the stretch reflex at the bottom. Do you normally get a good bounce out of the hole with lighter weights? If you do, then pause squats should help. If you are already doing a lot then they may be the problem.

You can never be too fast, but I'm not sure if speed work or plyometrics will help. Just keep squatting.
    No I haven't been pause squatting for a while now, looks like Ill be adding them back to see how that works.