Thread: How to peak with DUP Program ?

How to peak with DUP Program ?

Hello guys, I need some advice on how to peak with DUP style programming.

On my previous 2 competitions, I peaked with linear periodization style, after that I tried DUP style training on my off season and I made great progress with it.

I am 11 weeks out from the competition and I was planning to have my own mock meet 8 weeks before the competition to set an expectation for my meet.

This is my first time to peak with DUP training to experiment what will/not work.

This is my stat
    IPF - Jr/Open Class
    Bw: 67.5kg (competes in 66kg)
    S: 375lbs
    B: 230 lbs
    D: 460lbs (Almost 480 on my third attempt tho)
    Last edited by Lakhesis; 02-06-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Does your DUP program incorporate linear periodization or block periodization, or is it simply a linear progression similar to the Texas Method? Peaking with DUP shouldn't be drastically different than with any other program, you will want to lift heavy weights for low reps towards the end. Take a look at this article: http://www.strongerbyscience.com/tapering/

Doing a mock meet just for the sake of testing a peaking cycle doesn't really sound like a good idea to me, you will be wasting time peaking when you could be actually getting stronger and performance will be down afterwards. If you want to max out then do that at the end of an intensity block (or something similar, depending on how your program) without actually peaking, Sheiko uses "skill evaluation" days about a month out from a meet in that exact fashion. If you peak and taper then your ability to do reps will be decreased and you will have to lower your working weights, it would be better to just keep getting stronger and use a peaking phase similar to what has worked for you in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_ottawa View Post
    Does your DUP program incorporate linear periodization or block periodization, or is it simply a linear progression similar to the Texas Method? Peaking with DUP shouldn't be drastically different than with any other program, you will want to lift heavy weights for low reps towards the end. Take a look at this article: http://www.strongerbyscience.com/tapering/

Doing a mock meet just for the sake of testing a peaking cycle doesn't really sound like a good idea to me, you will be wasting time peaking when you could be actually getting stronger and performance will be down afterwards. If you want to max out then do that at the end of an intensity block (or something similar, depending on how your program) without actually peaking, Sheiko uses "skill evaluation" days about a month out from a meet in that exact fashion. If you peak and taper then your ability to do reps will be decreased and you will have to lower your working weights, it would be better to just keep getting stronger and use a peaking phase similar to what has worked for you in the past.
    Hey Chris, thanks for your input and advice.
    I think you're right to spend more time on getting stronger rather than testing my peak.

You do first a mock meet just for the sake of testing a peaking cycle cannot really sound like a good idea to me, you will be wasting time peaking when you could be actually getting stronger and action will be down afterwards. If you want to max out then do this at the end of an intensity block (or something similar, depending on how your program) not actually peaking, Sheiko uses "skill developing" days about one month out from a meet in that exact fashion. If you peak and taper then your skill to do reps will be decreased and you will have to lower your working weights, it should be better to just keep getting stronger and use a peaking phase similar to this has worked for you in the past.