Thread: How to train through minor injuries?

How to train through minor injuries?

How do you track RPEs when you're going through nagging injuries. I'm talking about minor muscle strains that are mobility related...and maybe accumulated fatigue.

For instance, glutes causing discomfort while deadlifting. The weight itself doesn't even enter the RPE scale but the lift feels uncomfortable because of the muscular 'soreness'.

Do you cut it as soon as you feel the discomfort or do you do something else?

Geez... Not much traffic on this forum. Someone should make an RTS Reddit sub.

I am also facing this problem I also need answer

Quote Originally Posted by natlyjim View Post
    I am also facing this problem I also need answer
    I think I've found the answer. I went back to programming with percentages. I am still using RPEs but they don't dictate my loads anymore (I'm using them to track fitness throughout each mesocycle). I started at 60% and am slowly progressing volume and intensity. My body is already feeling a lot better and the aches and pains I've had are greatly diminishing.

Last week my squat felt the best it's felt in over a year! I was tempted to increase the load, but I decided to throw the ego and stick to the plan. I feel like at this rate I'm going to be 100% in 4 weeks.

"I'm talking about minor muscle strains that are mobility related...and maybe accumulated fatigue."

I would definitely go and schedule a visit to physiotherapist. It shouldn't be expensive and good therapist will spent 30m-1h with you and check you out thoroughly and give you tips so you won't make any serious damage to your body. That's the wise thing to do.