Thread: RTS programming for overhead Press

RTS programming for overhead Press

Hey guys,
    as someone who has not been able to bench press due to shoulder pain for a year now, but can press overhead, I'd like to have your take on the RTS methods for that lift. Currently, my estimated overhead press max is somewhere between 80-85 kg. The goal is to get it to 100kg. I would use the bench press layout of the RTS generalized intermediate program for my ohp. For all bench variations I would use the overhead press equivalent. Does that make sense?

Wow no more giving it away for free on the internet forums from these guys, huh?

Do you think all these bots even lift?

So to answer your question, how about another question what other lifts are you currently doing? Bench is out, okay, but others? What's your age/weight/height, training history. Anything else you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Didroxy View Post
    So to answer your question, how about another question what other lifts are you currently doing? Bench is out, okay, but others? What's your age/weight/height, training history. Anything else you can think of.
    1,80 m ; 90 kg ; 18 years ; decently lean

So what I am currently doing are
    overhead presses,
    weighted pushups,
    low rackpulls,
    chinups.
    I am not a exactly a powerlifter right now, but I plan on competing in the future.

I have been having lower back problems (osteochendrosis and disc protrusion) for about 1,5 years.
    Clarification: When I say my back hurts, it means that I have problems sitting and bending over during my everyday live (after doing squats or deadlifts, even with 60kg).
    After experimenting around with literally every exercise I could think of, I found out that I can only do barbell lunges for my lower body. So I got my lunge up 115kg for working sets. Now, I discovered that I can finally work my back again. While deadlifts still hurt, I can at least do rackpulls from the lowest pin now. I just started doing these rack pulls 2 weeks ago. I got 180kg for a single, the second time I tried it. Therefore I think that I will hit 200kg+ in no time.
    Squats still hurt my back. Also, my right quad tendon is inflamed. The pain started about 2,5 months ago, when I was driving a car.
    I have also found a way to progressively overload pushups, which are fine on my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by zar99star View Post
    1,80 m ; 90 kg ; 18 years ; decently lean

So what I am currently doing are
    overhead presses,
    weighted pushups,
    low rackpulls,
    chinups.
    I am not a exactly a powerlifter right now, but I plan on competing in the future.

I have been having lower back problems (osteochendrosis and disc protrusion) for about 1,5 years.
    Clarification: When I say my back hurts, it means that I have problems sitting and bending over during my everyday live (after doing squats or deadlifts, even with 60kg).
    After experimenting around with literally every exercise I could think of, I found out that I can only do barbell lunges for my lower body. So I got my lunge up 115kg for working sets. Now, I discovered that I can finally work my back again. While deadlifts still hurt, I can at least do rackpulls from the lowest pin now. I just started doing these rack pulls 2 weeks ago. I got 180kg for a single, the second time I tried it. Therefore I think that I will hit 200kg+ in no time.
    Squats still hurt my back. Also, my right quad tendon is inflamed. The pain started about 2,5 months ago, when I was driving a car.
    I have also found a way to progressively overload pushups, which are fine on my shoulder.
    Mate, you have a lot of injuries for your age, but if you've found what works for you and not hurting yourself further, then more power yo to.

I cringe a little when you mention a protruding disc and doing heavy rack pulls. At your body weight, all those connectives are hanging on by a thread. Hope you are doing low reps at least, it sounds like it. Wearing a belt right?

Lunges can be risky especially at a heavy weight. Why not do leg press? It's nice to have something that mimics the squat (you can't squat right?), but I would keep it safe dude. I would be looking at a lot of machine work.

What I 'm getting at here is instead of all this trying to train when you're hurt thing, why don't you take advantage of the fact that you're 18, cool off for a while and heal your injuries? get your surgery or whatever is necessary. At that age you should be able to heal quick and get back to the training and into a proper power lifting regime.

We make sure you have an amazing gaming experience where you need to pause due to some problems in the account or the gaming performance. Boost up Pogo games with expert guidance at the right time. We Provide Free gaming administrations more than at least 100 diversions just by Pogo Game Support Number +1-800-620-2321(Toll-Free ) for Fixing your issues while gaming or some other administrations identified with Pogo. We give the best in class bolster benefits that have remarkable help

+1-888-733-2105 Epson Printer Support Phone Number for Repair

Quote Originally Posted by pogogamesupport View Post
    We make sure you have an amazing gaming experience where you need to pause due to some problems in the account or the gaming performance. Boost up Pogo games with expert guidance at the right time. We Provide Free gaming administrations more than at least 100 diversions just by Pogo Game Support Number +1-800-620-2321(Toll-Free ) for Fixing your issues while gaming or some other administrations identified with Pogo. We give the best in class bolster benefits that have remarkable help
    https://www.epsonprinterrepair.com/epson-printer-customer-support/

what do we need to run a company or a business successfully? we need to produce the dgcustomerfirst.com products with quality, and quantity of the products, cost of the services which you are providing. Among these, there is another factor that is the satisfaction of the customer.